Mental Support Community

22 and confused as fuck.

Projo

I don't know what is happening with my career. I got peer pressured into getting into this job as a placement drive in the college. Nothing seems to be working out. I don't have any energy for the job - it is something I find really boring - makes me question my college degree. This whole phase is also breaking my relationship apart and I don't know what I can do about that as well. 

It is as though I shut my mouth and keep waiting for some miracle to happen where I get a second chance to live life, although I know that is impossible. 

I spend most of my day anxious about work, and then the rest trying to see if I like anything else. 

I have lost the charm I had, and have lost the genuine interest i had for things. It is making me so detached and helpless. I have nobody to talk to because my girlfriend is in the process of finding a job and is going through her own shit. My family, I thought would help, but I ended up being really wrong about that. I can't quit because I have signed this bond agreement which means I have to pay a hefty amount if I ever want to leave my job - which I don't have enough for. 

Bleh.

• 4 weeks later...

A very tricky situation. As you got the placement through your college, is there anyone there you could talk to about how it's not working out? Or even at the placement itself, can you identify what the worst bits are and see if there is any way you could get involved in more interesting stuff?

Is it worth getting someone to look over clauses of the bond you signed to check it has no technical points that could get you out of it? Just a thought. The problem being if you get unwell because of the stress the firm would just have an employee off sick which helps noone.